Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
1. A visitor; a guest.
2. A supernatural being; a ghost or specter.
3. A migratory bird that stops in a particular place for a limited period of time.
[Latin visitāns, visitant-, present participle of visitāre, to go to see; see visit.]
1. a supernatural being; ghost; apparition
2. a visitor or guest, usually from far away
3. a pilgrim or tourist
4. (Zoology) Also called: visitor a migratory bird that is present in a particular region only at certain times: a summer visitant.
archaic paying a visit; visiting
[C16: from Latin vīsitāns going to see, from vīsitāre; see visit]
vis•it•ant(ˈvɪz ɪ tənt)
1. a temporary resident.
2. a being believed to come from the spirit world: a ghostly visitant.
3. a migratory bird that has come to a place temporarily.adj.
4. visiting; paying a visit.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||visitant - someone who visits |
boulevardier - a visitor of a city boulevard (especially in Paris)
caller, company - a social or business visitor; "the room was a mess because he hadn't expected company"
visiting fireman - an important or distinguished visitor